2012 2013 2014 2017 4 star holiday cottages Aberdare Accommodation active weekends wales activities adventure Adventures adventures wales Ambassador ancient woodland Ancient woodlenad Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Art Arts Ash Austria Autumn Autumn Events in Bridgend autumn events in wales Bala Balmoral bands Banff Film Festival Barbara Dickson barbecue Bards Bats BBC Beach Beach Blitz Beach rugby beach treasure hunt Beaches beautiful family stops Bedford Park Bedford Park Ironworks best beaches in Wales best golfing in wales best places for elvis Betws Y Coed big events in wales biggest elvis festival in the world biggest events of 2014 Bike Week bio-blitz biodiversity Birds Bishcarft Bison Blackmill Blaengarw Blue Flag Blue Peter Blue Seas Guest House bluebells Blues Brothers bonfire bonfire night Borderlands Bracchi Shop Brackla brass band championship Brass Bands Breakaway Cycling Holidays Brecon Brecon Beacons Brewery Field Bridgend Bridgend Bombshells Bridgend Christmas Market bridgend competitions Bridgend County Bridgend County Borough Council Bridgend Designer Outlet bridgend elvis Bridgend Feastival Bridgend Feastival has a big appetite for family fun! Bridgend Giggles Bridgend Keepers bridgend mashup Bridgend Nature Keepers bridgend trips Bryngarw Bryngarw Country House Bryngarw Country Park Bryngarw festival Bryngarw House bryngarw house and country park Brynmen Brynmenyn bunkhouse Bushcraft bushcraft wales Bushwaka Cadw Calon Lan Candleston car park Cardiff Carmarthenshire carnival south wales carol service wales Cefn Coed Viaduct Cefn Cribwr Cefn Cribwr Trail Cefn Ydfa Celtic Celtic Festival Celtic Music celtic trail Celts Cenarth Falls Centre cerddant Ceredigion children areas Christmas christmas competition christmas day swim christmas events christmas fayre maesteg christmas in bridgend christmas in wales Christmas party christmas shopping climbing Clwydian Hills Clydych Cnapan Coast Coastal path Coasteering coastering Coed Cymru Coed Y Mwstwr coed y mwstwr hotel Coity Castle cold at night Comedy competition in bridgend competitions in wales Coney Beach cool camping Cool down coracle Corwen Country House Countryfile Countryside Countryside and Tourism Unit couple things to do Court Colman Manor Cowbridge craft making weekend Craig Wen Cuckoo Pint Cwlwm Celtaidd cwm tawel yurts Cwm Twel Cycle cycling cycling races wales dad activities dairy cows Dare to Discover Darren Fawr Denim Derek Brockway desert island Designer Shopping Digital Bridgend Discover DLPR Doctor Who Dogs Dogs Mercury Dolgellau Dr Dan Forman Dragon Ride Duck Race dune trekking Dunlop Green Flash Eco Explore eco-olympics Eisteddfod Elaine's tearooms Elf World Record Elfsteddfod Elm Elves Elvis elvis adventure elvis conspiracy theories elvis events Elvis Festival elvis impersonators elvis lookalikes elvisadventure events events august events in bridgend Ewenny Pottery Ewenny Priory ewenny woods B&B falconry family Family Adventure family places Farm father's day bridgend favourite place Feastival Featherdown Farm Festival Festival of Races Festivals festivals in September festivals in wales fforest Field Maple fire lighting course fireworks fishing fishing in bridgend folktale food Food and Drink Food Festival football foraging foraging in wales fun day bridgend fun farm Garw Garw Valley German Glamorgan Glamorgan Heritage Coast Glynogwr Lodge Golden Coast golf Golf golf in bridgend Gorge walking Grand Pavilion Grand Slam Great House great house laleston Great Outdoors Grogg Shop Groggs guy fawkes Gwenoldy gypsy caravan half term half term events in bridgend halloween Harbour Heritage High Tide Inn History Holiday Holidays horse riding Hotel hotels in bridgend hotels in wales hotels with spas http://www.visitbritain.tv/celebrity/doctor-who-s-guide-to-cardiff.html Hut 9 ideas for children Im a councillor im a councilor interceltic fesitval International Biodiversity Day invasive species Iron Age Hill Fort Island Farm Italy Jam in the castle Jamie Smith Jazz John Craven Jolly Sailor kayaking Keepers keeping kids busy Kelly Slater kenfig Kenfig National Nature Reserve Kids King Alfred's Cake Kiteboarding Kitesurfing Kiting Laleston Llanerchaeron Llangeinor Llangynwyd Llangynywd Llantwit Lloyd Daniels Local Nature Reserve Locks Common love Love Tale Love2walk love2walk festival luxury bridgend M4 Mabon Maesteg Maesteg Town Hall Maid of Cefn Tdfa Maid of Cefn Ydfa march 2014 Mari Lwyd Marine Conservation Society Mashup Matt Baker mcarthur glen mcarthur glen bridgend mcarthur glen uk McArthurGlen McArthurGlen Bridgend Designer Outlet McArthurGlen Wales Merlin Merthyr Mawr Merthyr Mawr Sand Dunes Merthyr Tydfil Mertyr Mawr Methyr Mawr Sand Dunes Mid Wales milk Millennium Stadium mini beast hunts Mold Morris Dancing Mount Everest Mountain Bike mountain bike club mountain bike trails Mumbles music Music music festival My Green space My Green Space Nantymoel Nature Nature Keepers Nature Reserve Natymoel Neath Valley Neil Morrissey new year events New York Newcastle Newport Newton Newton beach Nordic Walking North of England North Wales Oak Ocean Ocean Quest Odeon Bridgend Ogmore by Sea Ogmore Castle Ogmore Farm Riding Centre Ogmore Vale Ogmore Valley Ogmore Valley Trail Ogmore Valley Wheelers Old Cottage Old Parish oldest pub Olympic Torch Olympics Open Doors Ospreys otters Over the bridge owls Paddle for Life Paddle Surfing Panto Parc Calon lan Parc Slip parkour Pencoed Penderyn Penmachno Picnic in the Park picnics picnics places south wales pigs place to eat place to stay places to eat bridgend Pontycymer Pontypridd Port Talbot Porthcawl porthcawl grand pavillion Porthcawl Splashup POW Camp Prince of Wales Inn Prisoner pub game public sector pyle and ken fig Pyle and Kenfig Pyle and Kenfig golf club Radio Wales Rainforest Ramblers reach Red Dragon Rest Bay Restaurant restaurants in wales Rhondda Valley Rhug estate Richard Burton riding Rip Curl Rob Jones rock festival romance romantic ideas wales Romany Gypsy caravan Routes Royal Porthcawl rug chapel rugby Ryder Cup Rygbi Tackle Safety Sailings Saint David's Day Samba Galez Sand dunes Sandy Bay Santa Claus school holiday sculptures Scwd yr Eira Sea Kayaking Seahorse Seaside Award self catering Senior Open senior open championship sewin sheep Shopping shopping in bridgend Sker beach Sker House Sker point Snowdon Snowdonia South Wales south Wales father fun south wales music Southern Wales Southerndown Special Area of Conservation Speedy Services Splash Up Splashland splashup SSSI St Davids Stiltwalker street lighting street sprints Stuart Cable Summer summer play scheme surf surf n turf surfing Surfing survival camp survival weekend Switzerland Taff Trail Tapas tepees Test The Bwlch the Lodge The Search The Senior Open Championship Presented by Rolex The Three Valleys. Ogmore Vale The Valleys Things for Kids things to do things to do in june things to do September three cliffs bay Tomos Watkin touch rugby tourism Tours Trails travel trade Trecco Bay Holiday Park trecco bay porthcawl Tremains Wood Trevithick Trail Tuscany Ty Gwyneth Ty Tanglwyst Tythegston Under the Skin Urdd Valentine's Day valentines day south wales Valleys viaduct Victorian Christmas at Bryngarw Visitor volunteers Wales Wales Biodiversity We Wales Biodiversity Week wales coast path Wales Coastal Path Wales Food Festival wales' top golf courses wales valleys walking festival walking Walking Festival walking in bridgend walking in wales Water sports Waterfall Waterfall country Watersport watersports watersports in wales Weatherman Walking Website Wedding Welsh welsh farm Welsh Food welsh food festivals Welsh Italians Welsh language Welsh pop music Welsh speaker WelshTwixtmas Wenglish wiggle dragon ride Wiggleys Wiggley's Fun Farm wild food wild foraging in wales wild garlic Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales WildSpirit Bushcraft Will Hopkin William Webb Ellis Wind Surfing winter activities in wales woodland woodland management woodland trails woodpecker World record world record elf attempt World War Two Yellow Archangel youtube yurt camping yurts
We're spoilt for choice when it comes to family things to do in Bridgend. There are plenty of activity providers that offer a fun family day out, along with some top quality bike rides or walks on the coast and up in the valleys. So after a busy day out with the children you'll probably want to end it with a family meal at one of Bridgend's quality restaurants. Here are just five of some our favourite places to eat in and around Bridgend.
A famous face visits The Prince in Kenfig
1. The Prince of Wales Inn, Kenfig offers all the family plenty of fun with it's exciting history and interior. Whilst the children will love the knights and medievil decor, the adults can enjoy the fine selection of local ales on offer. There's also a great menu that showcases the best of Welsh cooking and locally sauced Bridgend foods. Situated next to the beautiful Kenfig Nature Reserve and not far from the beach, this magnificent 16th century family run pub is steeped in history, character and charm.
© Copyright Nick Smith and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
2. The Old House inn, is possibly the oldest pub in Wales, if not on the British Isles. When you arrive this pub has a fairytale like appearance, and walking through the door is like going back in time. The interior is charming and historic, and has lots of interesting items all around. The area surrounding the Old House is picturesque and a great spot for children to play in. There's a hearty menu on offer that also includes an excellent family menu.
Wiggleys Fun Farm
3. Wiggleys Fun Farm offers a menu of freshly prepared food made every day, a fine selection of drinks and refreshments. This is a great place for parents to relax with a cake and coffee, while their children go off to have some fun. There's a large indoor play area which consists of climbing frames, rope courses and other adventure areas. Outside there's a large area where families can visit friendly farm animals.
The Atlantic Hotel
4. The Atlantic Hotel & Restaurant , is conveniently situated right upon the golden sands of Rest Bay beach within a few minutes walk of the town centre and the picturesque harbour, on the unspoilt coast of Porthcawl. Enjoy a day out on the beach before stopping for a tasty meal in the Atlantic Hotel's restaurant. There's a quality children's menu and plenty of quality choices for the adults.
5. The Angel Inn, Maudlam. This is a great family-friendly restaurant & pub with a rural character and cosy, relaxed atmosphere situated in the village of Maudlam. Food is served all day. The menu ranges from traditional pub favourites, a selection of chargrilled meats, prime steak burgers, and desserts. Visitors can soak up the sun in the Angel's beer garden. The Angel Inn is very welcoming to all nursing mums with babies/toddlers and have installed a baby changer and have five new high chairs. Nearby is the Kenfig National Nature Reserve, one of the finest Wildlife habitats in Wales. Not only can visitors enjoy the nature but nearby there are some excellent walks you can enjoy with your family and dogs. Glamorgan's largest freshwater lake, Kenfig Pool, lies at the heart of the reserve and is a stopping off point for migrating birds. The Angel Inn is also a dog friendly pub.